Thank you for your interest in joining Team Burgundy! Current open opportunities are detailed below.
Burgundy Farm Country Day School is a progressive school on a pastoral 26-acre campus near Alexandria, Virginia, serving 265 children from age 4 through grade 8. Burgundy believes children learn best in an inclusive, creative and nurturing environment that engages the whole child. Our innovative, hands-on approach to education cultivates independent thinking, promotes academic excellence, instills respect for diversity, and teaches responsibility for self, for others, and for the natural world.
Burgundy Farm Country Day School actively maintains its commitment to equal opportunity for all employees. To fulfill this commitment, we recruit, hire, promote, and retain individuals in all job titles without regard to race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, or disability.
Burgundy’s Extended Day program offers academic enrichment and activities before and after the school day, as well as occasional weekdays when class is not in session.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Auxiliary Services the Extended Day Educators (EDE) create a welcoming and supportive afterschool environment for Burgundy Farm Country Day School students so that they may enjoy their afternoons and continue school day success. The EDE will help develop, implement, and supervise age-appropriate educational and recreational activities that support our students physically, mentally and emotionally.
Schedule: Part time, Monday through Friday, 2-6 p.m.
*Some programs may require longer days, later nights and weekend work
Salary: competitive hourly wage
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
A. Work as a productive member of a team of educators;
B. Help create and provide a positive, nurturing, supportive, and caring environment for all Burgundy Farm Country Day School students so that they may succeed and achieve;
C. Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the Director of Auxiliary services and the Burgundy administration;
D. Exert a positive influence and model appropriate behavior for all students;
E. Actively plan, prepare, implement and supervise all activities;
F. Create educational and recreational lesson plans to be presented to Extended Day students;
G. Lead organized activities for students to develop and strengthen their academic, physical, and social skills;
H. Monitor and supervise all students enrolled in the before and after school program during all aspects of the day to create a safe, secure, and positive environment;
I. Implement appropriate and effective classroom management techniques in accordance with the practices of Burgundy Farm Country Day School;
J. Participate in the cleaning and maintaining of all facilities and equipment, including daily opening and closing duties;
K. Constantly inspect the school site and equipment for potential safety hazards or concerns, reporting all issues to the Extended Day Lead Educator and following through with appropriate corrective action;
L. Interact professionally and appropriately with all students, parents, faculty, and staff, maintaining a high level of communication with all members of the Burgundy community;
M. Participate in weekly Extended Day staff meetings, faculty and staff meetings (when possible), and ongoing professional development opportunities;
N. Comply with Burgundy Farm Country Day school policies and procedures and at all times represent the Extended Day program and the school in a positive and professional manner;
O. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Extended Day Lead Educator and the Director of Auxiliary Services.
Additional programs that fall under the EDE position:
- Providing childcare for school events that take place after hours
- Providing childcare for days that classes are not in session, such as teacher in-service days and Parent/Teacher conferences
- Participating in break camps such as Spring Break Camp and Gap Camp (full day schedule)
The qualified candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or GED (not required, high school students 16 years or older will be considered)
- Meaningful experience working with children
- A strong commitment to education and the betterment of young students
- Strong communication, organization, and team-building skills
- Desire to learn and grow as an educator
- First Aid and CPR/AED certification
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Hugh Squire, Director of Auxiliary Services, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Burgundy actively maintains its commitment to equal opportunity for all employees. To fulfill this commitment, the school recruits, hires, promotes, and retains individuals in all job titles without regard to race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic educator with strong technology skills or a skilled technician with a strong interest in elementary and middle school education, including an opportunity to inspire and support hands-on, experiential learning through the development of two new makerspace environments (a WonderLab and a STEAM/Innovation Lab) and to work with the Tech/Library “Bibliotech” team.
In addition to experience in this field, the ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision-making skills, and ability to work with others. This individual will be an active member of the Technology/Library (“Bibliotech”) team. This is a full-time position. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., with a 30-minute lunch break.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive and timely support for computers, printers, projectors, and video.
- Serve as the primary go-to person for AV setups.
- Help to equip and support two makerspace environments: the lower school Wonderlab and the STEAM/Innovation Lab.
- Configure and image teacher MacBooks and Photo Lab Mac Minis.
- Deploy classroom computers and AV equipment, including Chromebooks in classroom carts, iPads in charging stations, DVD players, document cameras, etc.
- Provide proactive maintenance of lab computers, including updating, organizing, labeling and cleaning.
- Conduct and/or oversee hardware repairs, particularly for teacher MacBooks and student Chromebooks.
- Deploy apps and updates to Macs and iPads using Jamf Pro.
- Actively maintain and update the school’s inventory of technology assets.
- Research, and bring suggestions for innovative technologies, projects, and other resources in the classroom.
- Train teachers in the use of interactive whiteboard systems, document cameras, Apple TV, Bluetooth sound systems, and classroom use of iPads, Chromebooks, and Macs.
- Provide classroom teaching as needed.
- Provide proactive maintenance, oversight and support of AV equipment available to teachers, including digital cameras, video cameras, DVD players, loaner computers, charge cables, memory cards, etc., to ensure that all are in working order and in adequate supply.
- Help staff the library circulation desk for “Bibliotech”’ support on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Should have 2 to 4 years experience in the field of tech support and/or curriculum integration of technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Mac OS, MS Office Suite, and G Suite apps.
- The ability to carry heavy equipment such as computers, printers, loudspeakers and projection screens is required, as is the ability to easily move across a large campus and the ability to occasionally provide setups or support in the evening or on weekends.
- Experience with Jamf Pro highly desirable.
- Help support the mission of the school and foster an atmosphere of respect, responsibility, and safety in every endeavor.
- Communicate positively and in an open manner, both in writing and in speaking, to the Burgundy Community.
- Contribute positively to the professional, mission-focused ‘sense of community’ with all school constituents.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality on all matters.
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Joe Peacock, Director of Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.